Adopt a Waterway in Lewisville!
Clean Stream Team is a litter abatement program developed by Keep Lewisville Beautiful that gives individuals and groups a public way to show pride in our community and to help keep Lewisville waterways litter-free.
To apply for a spot, simply fill out the application below:
About the program:
The Keep Lewisville Beautiful Clean Stream Team program encourages citizen participation in beautification projects and litter clean-ups of designated public waterways on a quarterly basis in the Lewisville community. A spot could be a canal, creek, stream, lake shoreline, Trinity River shoreline, pond, etc. Individuals, organizations, and/or businesses may agree to keep a designated spot cleared of litter for a period of one year or more. All areas are subject to approval by KLB and the City of Lewisville.
KLB partners with the City to approve locations. KLB will also provide free cleanup supplies to help maintain the adopted areas (appropriate to the size of your group) including: trash bags, cotton or plastic gloves, safety vests, and litter grabbers, and keep a yearly log of adopter's hours and bags of trash collected.
Most spots within the city limits that are not currently maintained by an adopter may be adopted, with special attention to those places that appear neglected and trash-ridden. Please note that we are not able to install "Adopt-A-Spot" signs for the Clean Stream Team program due to creek beds and erosion.
The Clean Stream Team program is a free community program. To help with program costs, KLB encourages participants to become Keep Lewisville Beautiful members at a level they are comfortable with.
A cleaner community
- Cleaner waterways
A healthier and safer environment for residents and wildlife
A sense of community service and community pride
A better place to do business
Recognition by Keep Lewisville Beautiful
Community service credits for youth groups and other organizations that can be signed off by KLB staff
You can participate by:
Reporting volunteer hours and bags of trash collected on a monthly basis
- Creating cleanup opportunities that fit your group's needs and schedules
Everyone can participate (children must have adult supervision):
- Neighborhood Associations
- Hiking and biking enthusiasts
- Schools and School clubs
- Non-profit groups and Civic organizations
What to do next:
- Fill out an application and submit to Keep Lewisville Beautiful
- KLB will help you select a location that it close to your home/school/business that is appropriate to the capabilities and size of your group
- Each group member must sign a general release form waiver prior to volunteering.
- All locations must be approved by KLB and the City of Lewisville
- Adopters must maintain a minimum commitment of one year
- Adopters should pick up trash on a quarterly basis and report hours and bags to KLB
- Periodic submission of group photos are suggested so that we can highlight YOUR efforts in our community.
- No live vegetation may be removed from creek beds or waterways.
- KLB reserves the right to terminate an individual or group's participation in the program with or without cause.