This year, KLB is partnering with the community for Make A Difference Day and National Planting Day.
October 20th: KLB is partnering with the Lewisville Independent School District Outdoor Learning Area (LISDOLA) to help with trail maintenance, invasive species removal, wildflower seeding, and helping to stain/seal outdoor classroom equipment for Make A Difference Day. Volunteers are needed from 9am-12pm onsite at LISDOLA..
Please see below for flyers and event details!
Important event information:
- Please wear comfortable close-toed shoes, that you don’t mind getting a little bit dirty (sandals are not allowed while digging). KLB recommends tennis shoes.
- Pants are recommended; you may also want to wear bug spray (to avoid chigger bites) and sunscreen.
- Be mindful of bugs and wildlife. LISDOLA is part of an “urban wilderness” and we may come across wildlife from time to time while volunteering.
- If you bring anything in, please do not leave it. This is a litter free event, and we want to protect the conservation and environmental efforts that have gone into this outdoor classroom.
- If you have any questions about your volunteer jobs, do not hesitate to ask your site leader. We are here to help you!
- All tools will be provided by KLB and LISDOLA.
- Parking: parking will vary onsite, KLB staff will direct you where to park after registration, and someone will be onsite to help direct traffic.
- This event is rain or shine!
- In the event that there is rain, we will still plant and work in the covered areas.
- In the event that there is lightening, we will ask that volunteers seek shelter at the closest available safe area at their site: this could be your car, portable, etc. Locations will be provided onsite.
- In the event that the event gets cancelled, a KLB site rep will call the phone number provided during registration and make every attempt to contact your group to let you know.
Every year in October, KLB participates in the nation-wide Make a Difference Day. This day is dedicated to giving back to the community. KLB partners with several other organizations, civic groups, scouts, and the City of Lewisville to successfully plant flowers in Lewisville as part of our annual beautification effort.This ongoing project is a lot of fun for the entire family, and is safe for all ages. It is a continuing project year after year, in hopes of changing the image of our great city and making Lewisville the most beautiful that it can be.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please give us a call 972-538-5949 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. We are always looking for volunteers.