The Beautification Project
Check back for the 2017 date! Join us at LISDOLA for a wild flower planting, trail maintenance, and restoration work that will benefit thousands of students who learn at LISDOLA during the school year.
This year, KLB is excited to announce that we are partnering with the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area (LLELA) to help with prairie restoration and conservation efforts, seed Texas Native prairie wildflowers along trails and common areas, work on trails used for outdoor education and hiking, remove invasive species, and help with special projects that further enhance beautification, conservation, community improvement, and our local ecosystem.
Important event information:
- Please wear comfortable close-toed shoes, that you don’t mind getting a little bit dirty (sandals are not allowed while digging). KLB recommends tennis shoes.
- Pants are recommended; you may also want to wear bug spray (to avoid chigger bites) and sunscreen.
- Be mindful of bugs and wildlife. LLELA is part of an “urban wilderness” and we may come across wildlife from time to time while volunteering.
- If you bring anything in, please do not leave it. This is a litter free event, and we want to protect the conservation and environmental efforts that have gone into this outdoor classroom.
- If you have any questions about your volunteer jobs, do not hesitate to ask your site leader. We are here to help you!
- All tools will be provided by KLB and LLELA.
- Parking: parking will vary on site location, KLB and LLELA staff will direct you where to park after sign in.
- This event is rain or shine!
- In the event that there is rain, we will still plant and work in the covered nursery areas.
- In the event that there is lightening, we will ask that volunteers seek shelter at the closest available safe area at their site: this could be your car, portable, etc. Locations will be provided onsite.
- In the event that the event gets cancelled, a KLB site rep will call the phone number provided during registration and make every attempt to contact your group to let you know.
For questions regarding LLELA directions, contact the LLELA GATE HOUSE directly at: 972.219.3550 (Monday-Friday) or 972.219.7980 (Saturday-Sunday)
Every year in October, KLB participates in the nation-wide Make a Difference Day. This day is dedicated to giving back to the community. KLB partners with several other organizations, civic groups, scouts, and the City of Lewisville to successfully plant flowers in Lewisville as part of our annual beautification effort.This ongoing project is a lot of fun for the entire family, and is safe for all ages. It is a continuing project year after year, in hopes of changing the image of our great city and making Lewisville the most beautiful that it can be.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please give us a call 972-538-5949 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. We are always looking for volunteers.