Fall Beautification Projects
We have TWO October volunteer dates to participate!
Join us at LISDOLA on Oct 21st for Make A Difference Day.
Join us at LLELA on Oct 28th for National Planting Day
This year, KLB is excited to announce that we are partnering with the community to host TWO beautification events for Make A Difference Day and National Planting Day.
October 21st: KLB is partnering with the Lewisville Independent School District Outdoor Learning Area (LISDOLA) to help with trail maintenance, invasive species removal, wildflower seeding, and helping to stain/seal outdoor classroom equipment for Make A Difference Day. Volunteers are needed from 9am-12pm onsite at LISDOLA.
Oct 28th: KLB is partnering with the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area (LLELA) to help with prairie restoration and conservation efforts, seed Texas Native prairie wildflowers along trails and common areas, work on trails used for outdoor education and hiking, remove invasive species, and help with special projects that further enhance beautification, conservation, community improvement, and our local ecosystem for National Planting Day. Volunteers are needed 9am-12pm.
Please see below for flyers and event details!
Important event information:
- Please wear comfortable close-toed shoes, that you don’t mind getting a little bit dirty (sandals are not allowed while digging). KLB recommends tennis shoes.
- Pants are recommended; you may also want to wear bug spray (to avoid chigger bites) and sunscreen.
- Be mindful of bugs and wildlife. LLELA and LISDOLA are part of an “urban wilderness” and we may come across wildlife from time to time while volunteering.
- If you bring anything in, please do not leave it. This is a litter free event, and we want to protect the conservation and environmental efforts that have gone into this outdoor classroom.
- If you have any questions about your volunteer jobs, do not hesitate to ask your site leader. We are here to help you!
- All tools will be provided by KLB, LISDOLA, and LLELA.
- Parking: parking will vary on site location, KLB staff will direct you where to park after registration, and someone will be onsite to help direct traffic.
- This event is rain or shine!
- In the event that there is rain, we will still plant and work in the covered nursery areas.
- In the event that there is lightening, we will ask that volunteers seek shelter at the closest available safe area at their site: this could be your car, portable, etc. Locations will be provided onsite.
- In the event that the event gets cancelled, a KLB site rep will call the phone number provided during registration and make every attempt to contact your group to let you know.
For questions regarding LLELA directions, contact the LLELA GATE HOUSE directly at: 972.219.3550 (Monday-Friday) or 972.219.7980 (Saturday-Sunday)
Every year in October, KLB participates in the nation-wide Make a Difference Day. This day is dedicated to giving back to the community. KLB partners with several other organizations, civic groups, scouts, and the City of Lewisville to successfully plant flowers in Lewisville as part of our annual beautification effort.This ongoing project is a lot of fun for the entire family, and is safe for all ages. It is a continuing project year after year, in hopes of changing the image of our great city and making Lewisville the most beautiful that it can be.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please give us a call 972-538-5949 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. We are always looking for volunteers.