Make A Difference Day and Fall Sweep Activities-
SAVE THE DATE: OCTOBER 8
Join us on October 8th for our annual Make A Difference Day project!
9:00am - 12:00pm
LLELA Nature Preserve
Registration is required for this event- no walk ups will be accepted. Please register by 10/5/2022.
Free volunteer t-shirt for all registered volunteers.
For more information, please contact the KLB office by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 972-538-5949.
2021- Kayak Launch Planting with City of Lewisville Parks and Recreation. Volunteers planted 765 pollinator plants as part of a conservation and erosion project.
2020- projects were cancelled due to COVID-19
2019- KLB partnered with the the Rich Lubke Organic Community Garden to help much walkways, weed garden beds, water and trim fruit trees, and more.
2018- KLB partnered with LISDOLA to help cleanup and plant educational gardens, stain and seal outdoor classroom equipment, seed wildflowers, and help with a variety of other beautification and community improvement projects that benefit LISD students and educators.
2017- KLB partnered with LLELA and the City of Lewisville for prairie restoration and conservation projects!
2016- KLB partnered with LISDOLA with trail restoration and wildflower planting projects to benefit outdoor classrooms and educators.
2015- KLB partnered with LISDOLA with outdoor classroom improvement projects, trail restorations, and planting educational gardens for students.
2013 and 2014- KLB partnered with the City of Lewisville to plant Texas native wildflowers at Lake Park and public places.
2011 and 2012- KLB partnered with the City of Lewisville to plant Texas Native wildflowers at Railroad Park
2005-2010- KLB partnered with the City of Lewisville to plant more than 57,000 daffodil bulbs around town at Fox Avenue, FM 407, Valley Parkway, Fox Ave, Memorial Park, and more.
Important event information:
- Please wear comfortable close-toed shoes, that you don’t mind getting a little bit dirty (sandals are not allowed while digging). You must wear closed toed shoes or boots.
- Pants are recommended; you may also want to wear bug spray (to avoid chigger bites) and sunscreen.
- If you have any questions about your volunteer jobs, do not hesitate to ask your site leader. We are here to help you!
- All tools will be provided by Keep Lewisville Beautiful
- This event is rain or shine!
- In the event that there is rain, we will still plant and work in the covered areas.
- In the event that there is lightening, we will ask that volunteers seek shelter at the closest available safe area at their site: this could be your car, portable, etc. Locations will be provided onsite.
- In the event that the event gets cancelled, a KLB site rep will call the phone number provided during registration and make every attempt to contact your group to let you know.
Every year in October, KLB participates in the nation-wide Make a Difference Day. This day is dedicated to giving back to the community. KLB partners with several other organizations, civic groups, scouts, and the City of Lewisville to successfully plant flowers in Lewisville as part of our annual beautification effort. This ongoing project is a lot of fun for the entire family, and is safe for all ages. It is a continuing project year after year, in hopes of changing the image of our great city and making Lewisville the most beautiful that it can be.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please give us a call 972-538-5949 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We are always looking for volunteers.